Monday, December 13, 2010

Diet

Since yesterday things have gotten a bit better but I am still struggling digestively and have some seriously bothersome nausea.

The best way I know how to take hold of this sudden "sickness" is to change my diet and so I have gone back to being precautious. While at the grocery store I noticed how little organic fruits and vegetables there were, despite having a pretty hearty organic section. I didn't spend as much as I had expected to but was still able to eat some delicious home made and crap free meals yesterday and today:)

First I made curried lentils, which was actually awesome and more delicious than I expected and involved very little work.

Today vegetable soup was on the menu and I was impressed with myself! I modified the ingredients list and turned it into a tofu and vegetable soup.

Here is my modified recipe!

Quick and Easy Tofu and Vegetable Soup

• 1 3/4 cups of organic vegetable broth
• 1 cup water
• 1/2 package of firm Tofu
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 large potato, peeled and diced
• 2 organic carrots, sliced
• 2 stalks organic celery, diced
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
• salt and pepper to taste
• 2 bay leaves and a sprinkle of oregano

Directions

1. In a large stock pot, combine broth, water, onion, potato, carrots, celery and undrained chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Add bay leaves and a sprinkle of oregano. Bring to a boil and simmer for 40 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.

Didn't take any pictures but the next time I make these (and more) I'll be sure to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...