Friday, August 19, 2011

Sweet evening in little Italy and a new etsy item







Last Tuesday night, two friends and I met up at a lovely restaurant in little Italy called Bottega, which is a pizzeria but they serve pasta and calamari as well. We were supposed to be four altogether (The Fantastic Plastic 4 to be precise, naming ourselves after the very first project we all worked on together in uni when we met in our first class of our program). Unfortunately, that friend is leaving the province soon after having just arrived back from a 6 month working trip to Australia and her family surprised her with a going away dinner so she didn't have much of a choice but to cancel with us. We were sad to hear it, as now it'll be difficult to plan something before she's all packed and ready to go!

Nevertheless, the three of us met up and had a wonderful evening at Bottega. We started on a calamari appetizer, then we each ordered our own stone oven baked pizzas (which were baked right behind us in a stone oven in full view!). Our pizzas respectively were Margherita, freshly sliced mozarella and cherry tomatoes (I forget the name), and cheese with grilled vegetables (the name also escapes me). We swapped slices and marveled at how incredibly tasty they were. I was transported back to Italy and missed it immediately.

One of the two friends had recently discovered an amazing wine (which I need to ask her the name of!) and wanted me to try it as well. Putting it on my tab for when I actually start earning more money, I accepted that she pay it for me that evening. And I am so glad she had me try it! It too, reminded me of the amazing white wines I had tasted in Italy, the kind that is soft, smooth and doesn't hit you in the head as soon as you take a sip. For dessert, we ordered the canoli, which comes in twos but our waitress immediately offered to add a third one as soon as she saw us deliberating. I wish I had been able to leave a better tip, those canolis were so sweet, creamy and crunchy.

I highly recommend this pizzeria, it is a small slice of Italy with a romantic and friendly ambiance. Also, the waiters and waitresses were very well mannered and well-dressed in their bow ties, white aprons and vests (if I remember correctly, I was preoccupied by the food and our conversations!) .

As for my etsy shop, I just added a new item which is a large rose felt ring that I decorated with some hand stitched glass beads. I wasn't quite sure about it at first, but it grew on me and now I find it really pretty.

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to beat good food shared with friends. It sounds like you had a fabulous night out. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...