Thursday, September 29, 2011

High School reunion




Last Saturday, I had the immense pleasure of meeting up with a few of my High School friends, 2 of whom I haven't actually seen since High School! As for the rest, we have been meeting up for the last 2-3 years at least once a year (or more if we mange to schedule properly!). This year we had a birthday girl in our midst and so we decided on the first place she mentioned seeing as it should be to her liking, which was a self-serve smokehouse called Bofinger . It smelled of bbq as soon as you walked in, and while some of us were waiting for the rest to arrive, we were getting a bit hungry from the fumes! For myself, I ordered the sandwich combo where you pick your meat and your toppings and you get to choose a side dish. So I choose pulled pork with a honey sauce, some caramelized onions, pickled red peppers and a pickle slice. As for my side dish, if you can't tell from the photograph, I choose awholelottafries. The decor was really comfortable and more or less private as the back of the seats went up quite high so you weren't necessarily hearing other people's conversations.

Everyone pretty much enjoyed their meals but we were more concerned with catching up. It was a bit slow at first but while looking through some old pictures I brought we were soon laughing our heads off at some stories from way back when and the silly teachers we had. Time flew and before we knew it, it was almost 11 pm. I feel very lucky to have been able to keep in touch with these girls who were a huge part of  my life when I was still a kid (in retrospect). I believe that although High School leaves a lot of scars, it also gives you precious memories and precious people.

mili

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...