Thursday, September 1, 2011

Patchworkin'





As you may or may not be able to tell, my work table looks strangely like a kitchen table. That would be because it is in fact a kitchen table. Due to limited amount of work space, whenever I have a sewing project to work on, I work in the kitchen. It's a bit funny to keep my sewing machine and supplies on the table, but oh well, I don't consider myself a very conventional person anyhow.

Currently I am working on a (long overdue) custom long coat for an Etsy customer. This order was supposed to be completed way back in mid-July but something always kept getting in way, everything was so out of my control. Despite all of that, I'm glad to say it's coming along nicely and I am quite proud of myself! Piecing together bits and pieces of sweaters to make for a visually appealing finish is not as easy as it sounds.

Other than that, I'm also working on a coat I began a while ago but never finished. It was meant to be a prototype for the long coat, but it had way too many pieces and was too complicated for the material I was using. Nevertheless, it was starting to look like a nice one so I decided to finish it. Who knows, maybe I'll end up putting it in the shop? :)

Also on the kitchen table, is my dear tea (for 6) set that I received for my birthday this summer. I never ever get gifts but this summer I had some amazingly thoughtful friends who bought me THE best gift I've ever received. I love that tea set so much! Hopefully I will learn to make beautiful pottery in the ceramics class I am starting next week. For the first time ever I am looking forward to school (gasp!).

mili

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...